Mold is the most frequent growth which can be seen in homes especially in dark and moist places like basements. You might have observed a greenish-black or black growth on the walls of the homes. This is a toxic growth which may result in serious health problems. The most common symptoms that can be noticed by you also comprise a problem in breathing, headaches, difficulty in sleeping, and a whole lot more. It's therefore essential to eliminate this toxic growth. Many people prefer doing this themselves.